Archive for July, 2011
Hello Faithful Friends + Family!
Thanks for checking in on our happenings! Here are few tidbits.
- Sewer is still unfixed from the February quakes, as well as other major repairs. Waiting for assessments and insurance. We had a tree removed that had sunken down (into a sinkhole) and it was falling over into the sidewalk/road.
- We have a new housemate, Mary, who works with YWAM/Grace Vineyard Church. She is originally from England. We have been talking and praying about how we can partner together in some ministry ideas we have brewing. We currently also have a young lady (who I shall call “S” on here) staying with us temporarily who is Kiwi. Mary has been discipling her the last month. “S” recently left the streets and gave her life to God. Mary met her through the outreach/support center at her church. Mary’s love, compassion and patience in this situation blows me away and it has been an honor to witness her unselfish commitment to “S’s” well being.
- We have been hosting monthly group dinners with two other couples. We rotate homes and invite friends. It’s been a cool way to meet one another’s friends, grow our community circle and love on people. This week we hosted a “Christmas in July” themed dinner at our house.
- We have been brainstorming with two specific ministry projects and would appreciate your prayer as we also pray through them! One involves city-wide organic church, the other involves city-wide prayer. Pray for people to come along to partner with these and that we’d only do what we feel God leads us into!
- Tutoring is going well, as well as various volunteering efforts.
- Please pray for our HEALTH, SAFETY, PEACE and PERSEVERANCE!
- If you have any design needs please get ahold of Noah or pass on his name to people who may need his skills! And if you need any gift ideas, please check out Kate’s hand-stitched photo cards! Price includes shipping.
I love those times when God arranges something you had nothing to do with.
Today we paid our YWAM fees for living in this house. Several months worth.
A couple hours later a friend donated the exact same amount into our account.
This friend told us he felt God had led him to do it.
He didn’t know about our fees or our needs.
Thank you to GOD and our friend for listening and being generous with your hard-earned money!!!