Our main “mandate” that God gave us upon arriving in New Zealand was to be catalyzers and bridgers. Since then, we’ve watched God place us in positions to come alongside others in their personal walks or in their ministry work. We feel God emphasize He’s wanting to do an awesome work in New Zealand and that it’s very much tied to restoring the original purposes of this land and people while bringing true Christ-like transformation in people’s hearts.
For us, this has included working alongside many locals of Christchurch who are involved in many different facets of society and ministry, our broader contacts around New Zealand, the YWAM students and staff who come through the base and students and staff from our MXC school. It’s been a diverse and fulfilling time.
So if you’ve ever been confused about “what we do”… that’s the main heartbeat of what we’re doing down here in the south island: championing others and working alongside them to join God in what He’s doing here in Christchurch on a wide-scale. The practical outworking of that looks differently day to day.
What spurs our “catalyzing” is a deep desire to help launch others into Kingdom work in whatever sphere they feel called to, in and outside the church walls. We have a heart to see the people of Christchurch inspired and equipped to fulfill God’s mission for them.
At any point we are working on these initiatives alongside others:
- –Tribe // global involvement // aims to catalyze others into being lifestyle missionaries in different spheres of influence, running a second-level YWAM school (and exploring what the next version of that looks like here)
- –Prayer Collective Christchurch // local & regional involvement // working with local believers, worship teams, intecessors & pastors to ignite prayer & worship in the city
- -3DM // local & national involvement // working with pastors and leaders on discipleship models
- -Missional Community development // local involvement
- -YWAM // local involvement // speaking on schools, helping incoming mission teams // *Rad Update!* Noah was recently asked to become a part of the YWAM Oxford Trust which offers spiritual and financial oversight for the base. What an honour! His participation starts Jan 2017.
For more details on our work, visit our website’s project page.
PHOTO RECAP 2016